Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunday Soundbite




Kelci Fry taught the lesson, I Seek Not Mine Own Will, but the Will of the Father.  President Lorenzo Snow taught “We should bring our wills into subjection to the will of the Father, and feel to say, what is the will of our Father, whom we are here in the world to serve? Then every act that we perform will be a success.”

Kelci shared that in her experience, when she does what the Lord wants she never fails. 

The Savior on one occasion made an extraordinary statement. It is in the 5th chapter of St. John, and is as follows: “I can of mine own self do nothing.” [John 5:30.]
 
It is remarkable that the God who made the worlds, who came down here clothed with flesh, performed mighty miracles, and sacrificed his life on Mount Calvary for the salvation of the human family—that He should say, “I can of mine own self do nothing.” And He goes on to say:
“As I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” [John 5:30.]
 
Sister Fry reminded us that if the Lord calls us to something, he will absolutely make it possible for us to accomplish that thing.  However, that does not mean that accomplishing the will of the Father will always be easy.
 
"We came into the world for a great purpose, the same as Jesus, our elder brother, to do the will and works of our Father; in this there is peace, joy and happiness, an increase of wisdom, knowledge and the power of God; outside of this are no promised blessings." President Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment