Sunday's lesson was Provident Living: Applying Principles of Self Reliance and Preparedness from the Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball manual.
Heidi Romney taught the lesson and used the fable of The Grasshopper and the Ants to help point out how we can put into action the principles of provident living in our everyday lives.
Spencer W. Kimball said:
We picked out traits of the grasshopper and the ants and talked about how each one can be applied (ants) or avoided (grasshopper) to prepare ourselves for whatever may come our way.
GRASSHOPPER
|
ANTS
|
“The World Owes Us A Living”
|
Self Reliance
|
Play all day – rest and enjoy life
|
Work
|
Everything is fine today
|
Store up for the future – food & supplies
|
It’s all about me
|
Care for our families and others - service
|
I want it now (debt and entitlement)
|
Save (budget & live within means)
|
So I ask the question - Are you a grasshopper or an ant?
I hope your "ant"swer is, "An ant of course!"



No comments:
Post a Comment