Friday, March 9, 2012

Raspberry Buttercream Frosting


     This recipe comes from Katrina Pierce.  It was the frosting on the cupcakes for Jennifer Edwards's baptism.

Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
Ingredients:

1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract  (I use Wilton's)
4 cups confectioners' sugar (about 1 lb)
1/3 cup raspberry fruit spread (this part makes or breaks the
recipe...using preserves is not the same.  Trust me, I've tried.  Can
use Polaner All Fruit.  I prefer the Berryhill brand from Aldi, $1.49
a jar.)

Instructions:
Step 1

In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.  Add raspberry preserves and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.

Step 2

Put frosting on a cooled cake or on cupcakes

Thanks Katrina!  Sounds delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment